This is a post-compo version with additional improvements over the submitted entry. Playing fullscreen is strongly recommended if you use the mouse wheel to switch shapes.
Rate the original and comment here :)
HOW TO PLAY
Objective: Shoot all the things, survive as much as you can.
How to destroy creeps: Shoot them while in a different shape than theirs.
Every enemy can hit you, but you can absorb bullets shot by enemies with the same shape as your current ones and get some energy. What will it be used for? Surprise!
Controls depend on the choice of input, check them in-game.
- Replaced assets with clearer shapes (still not final)
- Partially improved UI feedback.
- Replaced music track and added feedback sounds.
- Fixed mouse glitch on Windows.
- (Internal) Paved way to data-driven approach. Second pass on progression and potentially more content intended for the next build :)
- Added support (and selection screens) for gamepads and AZERTY layouts. I've only tested it on an Xbox One controller.
- Replaced cursor graphics.
- Enemies now pause for around half a second when they spawn.
- Now it's possible to restart the game from the game over menu.
- Started work on rebalancing. At the moment I've established the concept of a difficulty level and defined 4 levels for testing purposes, increasing by every minute. The game may have got harder now, but it should have improved slightly in terms of pacing.