LD45 - Master Builder Daedalus
You're the renowned Daedalus, one of the most famous builders in ancient mythology.
Following a tavern brawl with a shepherd who turned out to be no other than the god Dyonisus in disguise, you find yourself standing by a deep chasm with nothing to help you cross to the other side.
Luckily you're one of Athena's favourites and she's left some magical maze building scrolls floating around. Use your skills as a master builder to pave your way through the chasm and into freedom.
Game should work using keyboard or gamepad devices. For the gamepad button names I'm assuming an Xbox-like controller. It should work with the equivalent buttons in other controllers, but I haven't tested any other.
- Arrow keys / WASD or Left Stick / D-pad: Move Daedalus in normal mode, and move blocks in placement mode.
- Q/E keys or Left/Right pad shoulder buttons: In placement mode, rotate blocks left/right, respectively.
- C key or A button: Confirm placement, and Accept option in most menus.
- X key or B button: Cancel placement. Bear in mind that this will delete the block and could leave you stuck on a level. Use wisely! :wink:
Tools and due credit:
- Unity v2019.3b4 with Visual Studio 2017.
- Fonts used are Apostrophic Labs' Diogenes and Codeman38's Press Start 2P.
- 07/10/2019: Added Mac / Linux builds (with corrected controls text)
- 13/10/2019: Added v0.0.2 for Web / Windows with some small fixes:
- Improved glitchy movement input.
- Fixed text for the Rotation controls description label.
- Placing a block out of reach will no longer hide the ground tiles.
- 13/10/2019 (again): Added v0.0.3 for W/W.
- Occasional shaky movement fixed from v0.0.2
- 14/10/2019: v0.0.3 now available on Mac / Linux
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.